A better Auckland future through diverse engagement and thoughtful influence
Committee for Auckland is all about inciting civic leadership. We do this by creating opportunities for established Auckland leaders to contribute to the city and to our development of emergent Auckland leadership.
We are collaborative and outcome focussed, working with our members in leadership development, workshops, events and curating collaborative sector groups.
Auckland is a fantastic city, full of potential. Committee for Auckland is about building connection, behaviour and initiatives to a better Auckland for All.
We existto lead the drive to fulfil the city of Auckland’s potential and find the ways to deliver on the opportunity for our city and its citizens on the global stage and as our chosen home to live, work and play.
We are collaborative, and outcome focused, working with our members in leadership development, workshops, events and curating collaborative sector groups.
- Grow civic knowledge, leadership skills and engagement for our future leaders through the Future Auckland Leaders (FAL) programme.
- Deliver engaging events where issues affecting Auckland are discussed.
- Drive member Taskforces to progress solutions to key Auckland challenges.
- Create networking opportunities for members and an FAL alumni.
- CfA is proud of our part in creating the SuperCity and committed to seeing Auckland thrive.
- As a consequence of significant long-term population growth, there is growing pressure on critical utility and social infrastructure.
- The situation is exacerbated by historical under-investment in infrastructure.
- Adverse impacts upon Auckland’s natural environment.
- Uncertainty about how to fund unprecedented growth.
- Growing inequality amongst Auckland’s citizens (in multiple dimensions).
- Separatism and a lack of connectivity.
In addition to assisting our great city to meet its full potential, it is equally important to address the critical issues facing Aucklanders.
For almost twenty-five years Committee for Auckland has been at the heart of developing and sustaining civic Auckland. Our broad and inclusive membership base enables Aucklanders across all sectors in our diverse and growing city to create, sustain and strengthen civic thinking.
We are about building connection, behaviour and initiatives to create a better Auckland for all. CfA is proud of our part in creating the SuperCity and committed to seeing Auckland thrive.