Committee for Auckland is all about inciting civic leadership. We do this by creating opportunities for established Auckland leaders to contribute to the city and to our development of emergent Auckland leadership.
We are collaborative and outcome focussed, working with our members in leadership development, workshops, events and curating collaborative sector groups.
In addition to assisting our great city to meet its full potential, it is equally important to address the critical issues facing Aucklanders:
- As a consequence of significant long-term population growth, there is growing pressure on critical utility and social infrastructure.
- The situation is exacerbated by historical under-investment in infrastructure.
- Adverse impacts upon Auckland’s natural environment.
- Uncertainty about how to fund unprecedented growth.
- Growing inequality amongst Auckland’s citizens (in multiple dimensions).
- Separatism and a lack of connectivity.
In response to these issues, CfA aims to:
- Connect – relevant participants.
- Influence – those with influence.
- Engage – broadly and inclusively.
- Respond – in an integrated fashion.
- Shape – our city for the benefit of all its citizens.
We are collaborative, and outcome focussed, working with our members in leadership development, workshops, events and curating collaborative sector groups.
Connect. Think. Do.